Wednesday, September 21, 2011

IF Clause or Conditional Sentence Type II

Conditional Tipe II 

Use to express unreal situation in this moment or in the future. This type usually express about hope. Tenses that use in this type is PAST SIMPLE TENSE 

Form
(IF clause)
(main sentence)
Unless you hand in your homework,
I won't mark it.
MEANING
If you don't hand in your homework,
I won't mark it.
Or
(main sentence
(IF clause)
I won't mark your homework
unless you hand it in.
MEANING
I won't mark your homework
if you don't hand it in.

NOTE: Do not use would or wouldn’t in IF CLAUSE  

example:
·         If I were you, I wouldn't do that. = I wouldn't do that, if I were you.
·         If I had more time, I would do more on my websites. = I would do more on my websites, if I had more time.

Until here the writer hopes that you will be understand more about this material especially in Conditional sentence type 2. Of course there is a lot of practice to make it know better, so please take exercise about this material. Finally thanks for your coming and have a nice day. Please give a comment if there is any problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment