Wednesday, September 21, 2011

IF Clause or Conditional Sentence Type III

Conditional Tipe III 

this conditional sentence is more complex than the other. you should more careful with this type because there is some word that should know better.  this conditional type 3 is use to express a condition in the past that will not happen again or impossible happen. Usually this sentence use for regret or critic about something. This sentence use PAST PERFECT TENSE.

Form
(IF clause)
(main sentence)
If I had worked harder,
I would have passed my exam.
If I had worked harder,
I could have passed my exam.
If I had worked harder,
I should have passed my exam.

Or
(main sentence)
(IF clause)
I would have passed my exam
if I had worked harder.
I could have passed my exam
if I had worked harder.
I should have passed my exam
if I had worked harder.

NOTE: Do not use would or wouldn’t in IF CLAUSE.
example:
  • If I hadn't helped you, you would have failed. = You would have failed, if I hadn't helped you.
  • If it had been sunny, we could have gone out. = We could have gone out, if it had been. 
 After seeing this page the writer hopes you will be understand more about this material. so please send the message or comment if there is any problem that you feel it. finally thanks to come this blog and have a nice day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment