Wednesday, September 21, 2011

IF clause or Conditional Sentence Type 1

Conditional I
Use to express If condition based on fact in this moment, and fact in the future. IF clause usually in Present Simple Tense.

Form
(IF clause)
(main sentence)
If I see you tomorrow,
I will buy you a drink.
Or
(main sentence)
(IF clause)
I will buy you drink
if I see you tomorrow
Usually we use unless that mean is IF…NOT  
Form
(IF clause)
(main sentence)
Unless you hand in your homework,
I won't mark it.
MEANING
If you don't hand in your homework,
I won't mark it.
Or
(IF clause)
(main sentence)
I won't mark your homework
unless you hand it in
MEANING
I won't mark your homework
if you don't hand it in

Note: Do not use will or won’t in IF CLAUSE Contoh:
  • If I have time today, I will phone my friend. = I will phone my friend, if I have time today.
  • If I go to England, I will buy some Cheddar cheese. = I will buy some Cheddar cheese, if I go to England. 
after seeing the material above, the writer hopes that you will be understand more about this material, of course there are some exercise need to make it. have fun and thanks for coming to this blog. please comment if there is any problem or something.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment