Wednesday, September 21, 2011

(V-ing) VS (V-ed)

(V-ing) VS (V-ed)

Take a look at this form below and try to figure the meaning.
Correct Forms
Common Errors
There are few people, there's no food and the music is lousy. This party is very boring.
This party is no fun at all. It's very bored.

When the adjective ends in -ing, it means that the person or thing causes this particular effect.
Example:
·  Rules frustrate me. Rules are frustrating
·  Snakes terrify me. They are such terrifying creatures.
Nobody is having fun at this party. Everyone is bored.
Nobody is having fun at this party. Everyone is boring.

When the adjective ends in -ed, it means that the person or thing experiences this particular effect.

Example:
·  Rules frustrate me. I am frustrated when I have to learn them.
·  Snakes terrify me. I'm always terrified when I see one.


if there any question just ask or send the message below....
to understand more about this material, you can download the exercises material. Also you can download the video tutorial from native speaker. have fun and thanks for coming

  • V-ing VS V-ed exercises
  • V-ing VS V-ed exerscises 2

No comments:

Post a Comment